A wind advisory is in effect for the ABC 6 Viewing Area through 7 PM. I have already seen a few spots gusting over 40 MPH this morning including Rochester International Airport, Preston, and Charles City. The wind gusts will only go higher as we go through the afternoon.
Here's what you can expect:
- Sustained winds: NW 20-25 mph
- Gusts: 40-45 mph (isolated 50 mph)
- Strongest winds expected between noon and 4 PM
- Small tree limbs, branches, and loose outdoor items blowing around
- Winds taper off after 7 PM
Another round of showers will be possible through early evening as another piece of energy dives south.
The winds lighten up tonight, but there's still a breeze around with temperatures dropping into the middle 40s.
Tomorrow has plenty of sunshine, not as harsh of a wind. Highs climb to near 60.